Monday, December 12, 2011

MORE POSTCARDS:

One reason I finally went back to get my used SWINGERS for 3.99 at GOODWILL was because this 30ish chick named Heather was standing there with some happy old fuck right when I noticed on the DVD that Heather Graham was in the 1996 movie.

Walking back Sunday next to the HEATHERWOOD APTS sign on Main Street, I heard two loud crunches from behind me at the light. Where a little blue car was rammed at the light by a blue heron FOCUS, that was then rammed by a black man's silver PONTIAC. For a pretty good three-way sign that corresponded with a decal I had seen on the rear window of some chick's black 80s MUSTANG 5.0 at SUBWAY that said "Edward can bang my headboard and bite my pillows any time he wants..."

A physically transfigured Heather appears as 'Loraine' at the end of SWINGERS and gives Mike her 213 555 7432 phone number, before driving off in her restored 60s MUSTANG. That later he pins on his December calendar over the number '12' for today's 12.12 date, when I watched the indie film for the first time in years, starting at 1:51 am. Having forgotten over time that she was even in the picture.

SWINGERS ends with the song, "I'm beginning to see the light..." over the final credits.

Right before Sunday's 3-way fender bender at the light, I had noticed that the 'WALK' sign there was flashing 'DON'T WALK'. For Vince Vaughn's character in the film named Trent Walker, who kept telling yours truly to get over my ex-wife from Loraine, France, and move on.

SWINGERS opens around the very same Hollywood neighborhood where that guy just broke up with his girlfriend and started shooting at cars.

The guy driving the blue car was rubbing his neck like he had a case of Barton Fink style wrestling whiplash. Which reminded me that my own neck got a kink in it the day before Charlize Theron appeared on Jimmy Fallon wearing a 'THE KINKS' top, and later they attached connecting lights to their heads for some mind reading game. Hopefully her own movie stunt neck kink finally healed. Because I just saw Scarlet Johansson on the cover of COSMO next to some "Kinky..." headline.

DALLAS's star rookie runner broke his foot Sunday in their game against the GIANTS; in confirmation of BARTON FINK's broken feet warning to the Babylon giant in DANIEL 2.

GSR/TWN

LINK:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kinks

No comments: